|Top 10 Most Outrageous Things Said By Environmentalists|
|Written by Joe Schoffstall|
|Tuesday, 03 November 2009 11:11|
Environmentalists tend to say the darndest things, but here is a top 10 list of perhaps some of the worst things written or uttered by them- (In no particular order, of course):
10. 'Phasing out the human race will solve every problem on earth, social and environmental.' - Dave Forman, Founder of Earth First!
9. 'If I were reincarnated, I would wish to be returned to Earth as a killer virus to lower population levels.' - Prince Phillip, World Wildlife Fund
8. 'We, in the green movement, aspire to a cultural model in which killing a forest will be considered more contemptible and more criminal than the sale of 6-year-old children to brothels.' - Carl Amery
7. 'I suspect that eradicating small pox was wrong. It played an important part in balancing ecosystems.' - John Davis, editor of Earth First! Journal
6. 'The extinction of human species may not only be inevitable, but a good thing...This is not to say that the rise of human civilization is insignificant, but there is no way of showing that it will be much help to the world in the long run.' - Economist editorial
5. 'The collective needs of non-human species must take precedence over the needs and desires of humans'- Dr. Reed F. Noss, The Wildlands Project
4. 'Cannabilism is a "radical but realistic solution to the problem of overpopulation." - Lyall Watson, The Financial Times, 15 July 1995
3. 'To feed a starving child is to exacerbate the world population problem.'- Lamont Cole
2. If radical environmentalists were to invent a disease to bring human populations back to sanity, it would probably be something like AIDS- Earth First! Newsleter
1. 'We have wished, we ecofreaks, for a disaster or social change to come and bomb us back into the Stone Age, where we might live like Indians in our valley, with our localism, our appropriate technology, our gardens, our homemade religion-- guilt free at last! - Stewart Brand (writing in the Whole Earth Catalogue)
Patrick Moore- a co-founder of Greenpeace- states in 'Not Evil Just Wrong' he has a checklist he runs through with current Environmentalists, and one of the first things he notices is that they tend to be 'anti-human.' You be the judge...
Share this page on your favorite Social Websites...
Christopher J Burton said:
Rodrigo Teixeira said:
Spurwing Plover said: