Written by K. Daniel Glover
Tuesday, 18 August 2009 13:51
Hysteria has cowed many people into silence about the true cost of global warming, but Not Evil Just Wrong is giving average Joes and Janes the ammunition they need to fight back. A case in point: the comments in reaction to a blog post at the activist site Take Part that labels Ann and Phelim's documentary "almost convincing propaganda."
Readers didn't let that unfounded attack stand without impassioned responses. Here's a sampling:
- "I love that a voluntary film is labeled 'propaganda' but making students watch Al Gore, who is not a scientist, in science class is just part of the curriculum?"
- "Gore flies around in his jet and lies to anyone who will listen to him. His house uses more energy than any 10 average family homes. But yet he would dictate (hmmm, dictator?) to us what we have to do and how we have to live."
- "[T]he truth about the ban of DDT is a crime and THAT story should be told. Those who caused the avoidable deaths of so many children should be made to account for their actions."
- "The biggest issue I have with radical greens is they never look back. The death of millions in the aftermath of banning DDT, which was based on faked experimentation and likely bribes by the Sierra Club, and still no regret, no apology, no accountability."
- "[A]ll the people who protested nuclear power plants in the '80s [are] protesting carbon emissions now. Which is funny considering our carbon emissions would be much lower and our energy much cheaper if they had let them be built."
- "The only thing 'convenient' about global warming is that there are already entire careers, industries and billions of dollars at stake on 'fighting global warming.'"
- "Global warming is the biggest scam ever perpetrated. Just follow the money to see who is behind it. ... The only reason that carbon was chosen is because it is the only way that those charlatans behind this nonsense could make a buck."
Share this page on your favorite Social Websites...